Make sure to visit our display at the MALA conference in Lansing MI. click on the link for additional information for this years event.Read More
“Creating Normalcy for Youth in Residential Settings” will feature national expert Dr. Larry Epstein, director of training and implementation at Think:Kids; assistant in psychology in the Department of Psychiatry at Massachusetts General Hospital; and clinical instructor in psychology in the Department of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. Dr. Epstein has extensive experience utilizing and teaching Collaborative Problem Solving, a revolutionary, evidence-based approach for helping children with behavioral challenges.
In addition to Dr. Epstein’s opening keynote and closing session, six workshops will be offered, each providing tools and techniques designed to create normalcy for youth in residential settings. Concurrent workshops include:
- Collaborative Problem Solving: Practical Strategies for Implementation
- The Holy Grail of Eliminating Restraints
- Necessity of Joy and Play for Youth in Residential Settings
- Sanctuary Model of Care in Residential Treatment
- Addressing the Needs of LGBTQ Youth in a Residential Placement: “Empowering LGBTQ Youth at Ruth’s House”
- Trauma Informed Parenting: Residential Staff and Parents Working on the Same Page
Sponsorship and marketing opportunities are available (see conference brochure).
Register early to lock in the lowest prices!Read More
Where industry professionals connect with experts, peers, resources and information to
enhance quality services for individuals with disabilities.
Be one of the colorful bits and pieces that create INARF’s 2016 Annual Conference “Kaleidoscope: Inspiring the Creative Spirit”. Join us for 3 days of inspiring sessions to learn about innovative solutions for providing services to individuals with disabilities from highly recognized industry experts! Every session creates the opportunity for a new experience.Read More